Sunday, January 24, 2010

Jalie 2679

Action shot: Volleyball!

Jalie 2679 is a great fleece jacket with lots of RTW detailing. It's my entry into the Patternreview Activewear contest. Jalie makes such great activewear patterns, they always look so professional! My topstitching is not up to great snuff on this one. My Bernina has gone into the shop to correct the cams which are gapping or something, adjusting the timing & for a much needed tune up (bonus, local dealer's tuneup is $69!)

This is made from some really nice printed fleece that has a water resistant treatment. I didn't buy it when it appeared at Fabricland, because it was a bit stiff, but I guess that's because of the treatment. Must be a manufacturer's end. When I realized the luck of the find, it had moved to the clearance table and I got about 3M for $15. The pocket lining, zips and reflective piping were the most expensive part of this jacket!!




I had trouble lining up the second side of zipper with the match points (collar seam & piping) on the first side (of course I didn't baste it first, duh) so I just picked out the stitching near those area, marked where they needed to match on the zipper tape & lined them up. Worked perfectly!




Here is the action shot "Biking!" where you can see the back of the jacket - I inserted reflective piping in the shoulder seamlines, the front seams and between the sleeve ends & cuffs.


Action Shot - Camping!


Here is an inside shot of the pocket lining. One great feature of this pattern is the large pocket. My other fleece jacket patterns have just a small pocket at the front. DH is jealous.




I split the left sleeve into 3 so I could insert a little strap for my MP3 player. Below you can see the pattern adjustment:



Below is the back on the dressform:












And the finished front -- Admire It now !!!








No comments: