Friday, January 1, 2010

Happy New Year!

Butterick 5328
Yes, I have been sewing. December was a whirlwind of Sewing for Others, Xmas PJ's for the kids, workout pants for DH, hemming some drapes.
In September I made the fabulous Butterick wrap top from some stretch cotton with woven stripes. I don't like the hanging hemline at the bottom, I think I will sew in a snap to keep it even. You definitely need to put in a hook and eye at the neckline to keep it in any way decent!

In November I turned 50! Yikes!!




Cool Silkscreened label from Marcy Tilton!!

Hotpatterns 1021 Riviera Anisette Top from the back. I took in the sides to the hemline to give it a bit more shape for me.



Here is the front view with my collapsed neckline due to poor slouchy posture, although I do have to say the neckline is higher than shown on the pattern envelope



Here it is on my dressform with the neckline looking perfect.
Here is my latest top, I wanted a higher neckline top to show off some necklaces I have been given recently. I love the boat neckline silhouette, but always have problems with the front collapsing due to rounded shoulders & slouchy posture. This is a wearable muslin made from stash remnants. I like the stripes (just like the pattern, how creative :-) ).
Next version I will cut the front yoke narrower in the centre by about 1" and scoop out the front to be a bit more like the pattern illustration. I already extended the back shoulder seamline for the rounded shoulder problem. Note to self: stand straight!!
Next projects, another one of these in a nice solid Navy jersey, trouser-cut jeans and Simplicity Cardi-wrap before it goes out of style!!
The solid navy for the next version is a lovely silky jersey from Fabricland. They had a manufacturers buy out of fabric from Pink Tartan, an expensive Canadian label and I scooped some heavy gunmetal rayon silky doubleknit, some grey print tissue knit with a stylized Mackintosh rose pattern and some nice silky plain jerseys in white and navy. All for $3/m. Love a bargoon!!




1 comment:

Sewlutions' World said...

Wow, your hair has gotten so long! You look very nice. Happy New Year to you!