Sunday, January 3, 2010

2009 Resolutions - how'd I do?

Time to take stock of my 2009 sewing plans - here are my resolutions and results from last year:
1. Sew with a plan whenever possible. Kinda sorta followed this. I think this is a work in progress that gets interrupted by life & the fact I can't sew an entire wardrobe in one season!
2. Add some trend to my wardrobe. I did sew a few trendy tops. I think this is also accomplished by accessories & jewellery, which I did buy more of this year, particularly necklaces & belts.
3. Sew a coat. I haven't had a nice winter coat in ages. I think this will be my first project for 2009. Done! I have also purchased more boiled wool for another coat.
4. Use my Burda Magazines more. Not so successful!!
5. Exercise more. We eat pretty well (both my husband and I love to cook) but I definitely need to compensate for the delicious food and wine we enjoy. OK on the excercising, could still add some more. Would like to drop 10 lbs or so this year!

2010 Resolutions:

1. Buy less fabric. I have a TON of fabric. Oh, wait I already bought some this year. And I need some supplex for pants. Can we start in February???
2. Use my Burda Magazines more.
3. Drop 10 lbs.

Maybe I can achieve only 3 if I am very very good!


1 comment:

Sewlutions' World said...

I want to see the coat! I made a coat a few years ago and still haven't done the button holes.