Sunday, January 31, 2010

Burda 10-2005-114 Cowl Neck Sweater


Here is my latest creation, the oft-reviewed Burda Cowl neck sweater. I searched on e-bay for over a year looking for this magazine just for this sweater to no avail. I finally resorted to grovelling on pattern review. Melissa B. took pity on my and we traded this for a copy of one of my patterns. Thanks!

I did change the sleeves, belling them at the bottom so I could turn up a casing for a drawstring bow. I lengthened them about 3" longer than a full length sleeve so there would be some fullness when they were done. I used a twin needle for all the hemming which worked beautifully on my newly tuned up Bernina!


The fabric has been in my stash a long time. I bought it on line and it is a wool-blend jersey with a large flower print in shades of gray. It's thin and drapey and worked well for this pattern, hemmed & pressed perfectly!



No comments: