Friday, January 2, 2009

Happy New Year


Guess it's time for the new years resolutions! Maybe if I take it simple I can actually accomplish a few of them. In no particular order:
  1. Sew with a plan whenever possible. I do have a storyboard up in my sewing room to try and keep on plan. I have joined some contests on patternreview for motivation, but sadly lack the time to finish them in the time allocated. I'm pleased with my results when I stick to the plan!
  2. Do some decorating/painting in our house. Other than my sewing room, I have not done any decorating since we moved in -- 'nuff said!!
  3. Add some trend to my wardrobe. I tend to sew basics to replace things I wear all the time...I would like to dress trendier and perhaps add some designer knock offs as well.
  4. Sew a coat. I haven't had a nice winter coat in ages. I think this will be my first project for 2009.
  5. Use my Burda Magazines more. This is my most fabulous gift from my husband, but sadly underused.
  6. Excercise more. We eat pretty well (both my husband and I love to cook) but I definately need to compensate for the delicious food and wine we enjoy.

I did get to sew today and finished a top that was cut out ages ago -- hopefully I can review it soon!

Best wishes to everyone for a great 2009!!

No comments: